Annual review 2018
2018 has been a year of significant progress for the PHG Foundation. We’ve expanded our talented multidisciplinary team, formally become part of the University of Cambridge as a linked exempt charity, and have gained three new Trustees. Our core work on the medical applications of genomics has been supported by a number of complementary programmes including:
- Examining the role of emergent science in the long-term future of healthcare
- The legal and regulatory issues posed by medical applications of AI and algorithms
- The imminent applications of technologies for personalised healthcare within the NHS
- The second phase of our work on personalised prevention in breast cancer
- The opportunities and challenges of citizen generated data
In 2019, in the face of considerable uncertainty for the UK, we believe it is more important than ever that science should be put to the best possible use for health – and the PHG Foundation has never been better placed to help make this happen.